I love to know what groceries people buy, I feel like we get often get stuck in the same rut and end up eating the same meals. Growing up quality was a huge focus, eating healthy was the standard. I remember driving from Woodinville to the Kirkland PCC with my Mom in the nineties, sitting outside the store with my girlfriends eating their whole fruit popsicles complaining about them. We rarely had processed food in the house and if we did it was hidden and used as a treat in our homemade lunches. I would have never thought that years later I would eat like that by choice. I try to focus on feeding my family low processed foods and mostly buy organic for our meats, dairy and some fruits and vegetables.
Below is our order for the week, delivered by Amazon Fresh. Amazon Fresh is amazing in a pinch, with my broken foot it has been standard around here for the last month. Prices are more expensive then chain grocers but I find I do a better job of meal planning because I order on my IPad while digging through the kitchen. We also get all of our milk delivered weekly.
With the below we will probably only eat out one time this week, Craig brings his lunch everyday as well. This way we have better control over quality of ingredients and portions.
Dinners will be spaghetti with turkey meatballs and salad, homemade (buy wheat panko and spritz with olive oil in the oven) chicken fingers with sweet potatoes, chicken sausage pitas filled with veggies and hummus and salmon with broccoli and wheat rice.
I also try to fill the fridge with lots of fruits and vegetables. I wash and cut them all up in advance so they are easily accessible. Most breakfasts and lunches are filled with them. My weaknesses are seltzer water and Naked juice mixed or alone and dark chocolate peppermint patties (frozen).


You should switch to darigold creamer bc coffee mate is full of chemicals and completely non dairy with partially hydrated soybean oil....
ReplyDeleteGross, I usually never buy coffee mate but Amazon Fresh doesn't offer alternatives.
ReplyDeleteAs i'm about to go grocery shopping...
ReplyDeletewe have the same meals over and over too! hate it. our menu always looks like this:
salmon/rice/salad
Taco Tuesday
Chix parm
steak/aspargus.
My new grocery item is sloppy joes. :)
I'm the same with the sparkling water, but instead of yorks it's cookies for me...
pinterest is starting to help me get more creative though with my meals.
What are you talking about...all I remember is twinkies. Kidding. Xoxo loved those popsicles! So good!
ReplyDelete