6.26.2012

Almost July?

How is it almost July? How will my first born be three in two months? How is my baby almost seven months old?

Life is good we are settling into our new home loving the space and enjoying decorating it. The crazy days of my broken foot, 3 month old/toddler, house on the market and moving are behind us. When we were in the thick of those crazy times we just kept powering through. Now on the other side life is settling out.

The kids are great, the way they own my heart is incredible. Lately after Craig and I put them to bed we have been sneaking back in watching them sleep in awe of their beauty. They are both in really good ages/stages and we are in a good rhythm.

Celine's weight is up in the 25% range and she is hitting all her milestones early. She is still up almost every night anywhere from 1-3xs, which can be tiring with work but I know how fleeting this stage is and I don't mind. When I go in to her room her smile is huge and she shakes with excitement, the second I pick her up she nestles into my neck and I am in heaven. She is very weary of others holding her. She is not afraid to let you know she is not happy but the second she is in my arms she is all smiles again. She is eating solids and I have started to give her a sippy more for training then anything else.

Reece over the last two months has developed quite the imagination. The winters obsession with superheroes has slowly transitioned to one of royalty, knights, kings, princesses, queens, vikings, castles are all his favorite to play. We used to call him prince Reece of West Seattle, he has now changed regions and is now prince Reece of Finn Hill. He is so smart, scary smart and everyday I fall more in love with him. He is eager to help and loves being a big brother. Skippy John Jones are some of his favorite books and he still has a musical love of Bob Marley. We went to Cannon Beach two weekends ago and he flew his first kite.

I am aware everyday how fortunate I am right now. Life is good, everyone has their health and our worries are small. Craig and I will be celebrating six years of marriage next month and ten years in each others life this fall. I think about how fast time flys often, as much as I love each of my children's ages/stages I am in no rush for time to go by or to reach some next milestone. I just want to enjoy every moment I am given.

I feel very blessed.


1 comment: