We are 11 days out from the very inconvenient accident. I went back to the doctor today...no surgery (WAHOO) but no progress. The Dr. didn't really expect to see much at this point but we should by my next visit. 3 more weeks of no weight baring on my foot at a minimum. Upping vitamin D and calcium intake dramatically to hopefully help healing.
A couple days into this whole thing Craig said it is exhausting being me, he is working over time for sure. The only upside is watching him be an amazing Dad to the kids, I have realized he deserves more credit then i sometimes give. I have also realized that maybe he just needed me to step back and give him more space to fill. Before Reece was born the best advice I was given was to never correct the way your partner parents. Give them room to discover their way, you may learn from them. While I have done a good job of this through the years with little tasks this is the first time I have really completely stepped back, I can honestly say this has been a blessing in all of this I have found. Appreciation has grown in both directions.
My Mom worked her booty off taking care of all of us last week. She was incredible and we are very grateful. I spent my first day alone taking care of the kids on Monday thanks to my new scooter. Tuesday Craig worked a half day so he could stay home with the kids while I drove myself to my appointment. Tomorrow through the rest of the week my StepMom is going to keep us company during the day while my brother is in school and next week Craig's mother will visit.
We are close to hiring our nanny, I feel really good about it. Hopefully she will start early to help out and get acclimated. Until then when you need a laugh think about me and my scooter. Taking care of 2, 2 and under from one leg and 4 wheels.


GREAT news about no surgery! I am so happy to hear it :) I hope you heal up ASAP!
ReplyDelete