2.27.2012

Today kicked my ass


  • Two sick kids
  • One fever
  • One case of croup
  • Two nights of four hours of sleep
  • Carpet installation so the cleaners can come and we can take pictures for our home sale.

That's what I was working with at 3:45AM when my day started...


  • 3:45AM: Reece starts calling for Craig and I, crying, coughing telling us he sounds like a sea otter.


  • 4:30AM: Reece is back to sleep, I lay my head on the pillow.


  • 4:45AM: Celine wakes up, she's hungry.


  • 5:45AM: I lay my head back down on the pillow.


  • 6:00AM: Alarm goes off, Craig's in the shower, Reece wakes back up. He's now up for the day.


  • 8:00AM: I had the mobile Dr. come to the house today to check both kids out. Reece threw the monster of tantrums, I had to hold him down so the Dr. could listen to his lungs. Celine was screaming her head off in the background. After the tantrum the Dr. looked at me and said Wow...two seconds later as the Dr. was checking Celine Reece started feeding Sophia our dog cheddar bunnies, she bit him. My dog bit my child in front of a doctor and was now screaming his head off. We quickly checked, she didn't break skin so we went back to checking on Celine. Reece is a snotty mess crying holding onto my legs while I hold Celine. The Dr. gives me all the instructions, writes a prescription and as I am thanking him for coming Reece pulls my pants down to my knees. The Dr. said he would let himself out, I think he left the room and started running. I put Celine down and pull my pants back up. It is 8:30AM.


  • 10:00AM: Feeding Celine, Reece ran outside. He does this sometimes and runs around on our deck so I waited a couple minutes kept feeding Celine. Finally I go outside he is naked in the front yard spraying himself and his clothes with the hose. He sprays me, laughs I grab him and bring he back to the house kicking and screaming. He wakes the sleeping baby up who starts screaming.


  • 10:30AM-5:30PM: The carpet installers were supposed to call between 8-10, 10:30 I call them. Confirmed the guy has the carpet and is on his way. Side note this is the forth time they have come out, this has been going on since November. Previous errors on their part (no show installers, incorrect carpet, damaged furniture) today was supposed to be the day it was going to finally be over. 12:30 haven't heard from anyone call them back, oops when I called early they messed up they weren't on their way we weren't even on the books? This continued on for several hours, finally the guy is on his way it is going to happen today! Nope, he gets here and tells me he doesn't know why they sent him he can't get the job done alone. They will be back tomorrow morning at 6:45AM so they can get it installed and be out of the cleaners way by the time they get here at 10:00AM.


  • 6:00PM: Craig walks in the door and asks me what's for dinner. I just laugh and pour the wine...

Focus: the people you love have life, you have wine, the bachelors on tonight.

Oh how bad I wish my today looked like this instead.


9 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness!!! you need to drop the kiddos off at gma's for a few hours and take a nap!! Are you guys living in your house while it's on the market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are living here, it should be fun :).

      Delete
  2. Pulling your pants down was a nice grand finale on Reece's part. Days like these call for wine...early. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my two year old son pants me, it was fantastic. The Dr. tried to act like it didn't happen and just backed away....

      Delete
  3. Sorry sissy but I was actually laughing out loud for this one. You'd recommend everyone have two? Ya right, I dont believe you. Totally kidding! Love you Celine! Xoxo Hang in there...it'll get better! In about 20 years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crying laughing right now. Love that you got pants in front of the Dr. You take the cake sister, that was a day. Clink. . . that is the sound of my glass of wine clinking yours. Amen for wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flee, I hear ya big time w/ this post, so funny, sort of, not really, but again really funny. Hey, way better than a day behind a desk, in meetings...ok, maybe a tie. :)

    ReplyDelete