Before I had Celine I had a lot of Moms with two little ones at home tell me I was crazy to pull Reece out of 3 day a week daycare. They scared me, I started doubting thinking he should stay home with us. But then I said the hell with their advice I could put him back in if I needed to. I felt like having him home was our new reality, things would get crazy but it would be fine. Well here we are half way through my leave 10 weeks and I don't regret keeping him home one second. Trust me it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows but we have figured it out and so far been just fine. I know I would have regretted sending him and honestly been bored. I forgot how much newborns sleep and as a second time Mom don't know what I do with just a baby (super annoying comment to first time Moms I know I get it and first time around I felt VERY busy, no offense meant).
Moral of the story:
Listen to your voice, trust your intuition and instincts. You can always fix things later if you need to.
Side notes:
T minus 5 days till our house goes on the market!
I need to hire a nanny, start date mid April, let me know if you know any good ones.

Someone very wise once told me 'you never get it back' and I think if you have the chance to be with your kids you should take it because in a blink they are grown up! Good call on keeping him home mama! Good luck on selling your house, I want to set ours on fire :)
ReplyDeleteAgree with you 100% these crazy days will be longed for in the blink of an eye. Arson is our back up plan, just kidding :). It seems like the market is pretty hot right now, hopefully someone will bite for you soon!
DeleteWhere are you guys moving? Do you know?
ReplyDeleteI have a babysitter whom WE LOVE. LOVE LOVE. Once Briggs is born, she's on the market, but goes to NW college from 8-12pm m - th. so not sure if that will work...
You have been on leave forever you lucky ducky. I'm soo so so excited to have both kids home this summer. No summer camp for ARI! (well except sport camps)
We don't know yet, somewhere on the eastside. Once our place sells we'll start looking seriously. Right now I like two, one in Kirkland and one in Bellevue/Issaquah. We want something we can be in for a while. I have to find someone who can do close to full time, so that won't work. To bad referrals are the best.
ReplyDeleteI have 10 more weeks of leave, I feel like it is going to fly by but getting 5 months is pretty awesome so I won't complain.
So excited for you guys!