Little tidbits I want to remember about week one as a family of four.
- Reece did great with the introduction of Celine to our family. At first he was apprehensive but quickly warmed up. He loves to hold Celine, rub his checks on hers and kiss her head.
- Having Craig home for ten days was amazing, usually when he has that much time off we are on vacation so it was nice to be able to just spend time at home together.
- Celine was the perfect first week baby, sleeping four hour stretches at night, eating well and loves the paci and swing.
- Celine loves to be warm, hates the cold.
- Breastfeeding hurt really bad days 6-7, but powering through and things are now ok. I went through the same with Reece, gel pads, nipple shields and patience got me through both.
- Reece has watched a tad bit more TV then normal and has been singing all the jingles to PBS kids.
- Craig is grumpy in the middle of the night, it is comical... in the morning we laugh about it. I plan to video tape it on my phone once I am a little more recovered and can move faster.
- Newborns are tiny, Reece all the sudden seems like such a big boy.
- I miss Reece already, he amazes me even more now that Celine is here. He is so smart, kind and polite. It feels like tantrums have slowed a little bit and I am loving his age/stage.
- I go back to work May 1st, it already feels like my leave is flying by...


No comments:
Post a Comment