1.16.2012

Skincare - moisturizer help needed

I've got weird sensitive dry skin. I can drink gallons of water and it is still super flaky if I deviate from from my expensive face cream. I have been a slave to La Mer for about eight years, I try to cheat on it a couple times a year and end up paying. For the four people who read this, help what do you suggest? I am ready to cheat again...

5 comments:

  1. carrie, just found your blog:) i have really sensitive skin/excema and I'm always looking for something less oily for my face. the best I've gotten is eucerin, have you tried it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! I am new, we'll see how long this lasts...Thank you for the suggestion, and no I dont think I have ever tried it. I am going to order some right now though. I think Celine has my weird skin too, she is already showing signs of excema, poor girl not what I wanted her to get from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think emily has my skin too, sadly;( i never know what to put on her skin, afraid it will make her break out. but, eucerin doesn't bother her. the only thing i don't like about it is it's SO greasy. but, hey what ever works i guess;) hope it helps at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie! I found your blog from Heathers - so happy you are doing one - you'll love looking back on it in a year or two if you keep it up!

    So obviously this sort of stuff is NOT my specialty but I have read that Kiehl's Cryste Marine Firming Cream is supposed to be quite similar; it too has algae in it. It's $45 for a 1.7 oz. jar; it's also available as a complimentary sample when you purchase something else on the Kiehl's website, so it wouldn't cost much to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brie, i am hoping I can keep it up or at least try till I go back to work. Thanks for the suggestion oh how I wish that Kiehls worked for me. I read about the Cryste Marine cream a while back and was super excited, but of course after a couple days I had the rash all over my face that I get. I have heard such good things about that line so I was bummed.

    ReplyDelete